Volunteer with Macmillan Cancer support
“Finding the time to volunteer can be challenging. To respond to this we have developed the Lancashire Action Team to fit around busy lifestyles”
The Action Team is a team of volunteers who sign up to support Macmillan in a particular location. As a member of your local Action Team, you’ll be offered a wide variety of volunteering opportunities – you decide which events and activities you want to support, how often you volunteer and you choose whether the time and date suits you!
Each year in Cumbria and Lancashire 11352 people will be told the news they have cancer. We would like to be there for each and every one of them, however, to continue to provide our expert medical, emotional, practical and financial help – we need YOU!
What activities might I be involved in?
- participating in public collections
- helping to recruit new volunteers and expand the local volunteer network
- getting involved in our campaigns to help improve cancer care
- speaking about Macmillan in your local community
- marshalling or cheering at our running/walking events
What benefits will I receive?
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a real difference to the lives of people affected by cancer
- You will get the chance to develop your skills, gain experience and improve your CV
- You will meet new people as part of your involvement in the Action Team
- We will keep you up to date with the local work of Macmillan
- reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed according to guidelines
Skills / Qualifications required
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to help as and when you have time
- Good communication skills and a friendly attitude
- An ability to use your own initiative
- An interest in cancer care and the services that Macmillan provides.
When do you need me?
- The amount of time you give is entirely up to you!
What’s the next step?
Apply via the Volunteering Village by going to http://volunteering.macmillan.org.uk/ and typing in Lancashire or any other region you wish to to volunteer in.
For more information you can contact the Centre for Volunteering team at UCLan by emailing CFVolunteering@uclan.ac.uk or ring 01772 893662