Learning & Development
ILM Award in Management of Volunteers - Level 3
This Award is ideal for individuals seeking to prepare for their first management role in the third sector, or practising managers who want to improve their performance.
This programme considers theory, practice and reflection related to the following themes:
- The ethics of volunteering and volunteer management
- Providing volunteering opportunities for people with disabilities
- Health and Safety for volunteers
- Risk management
- The rights and responsibilities of volunteers and host organisations
- The volunteer agreement: expectations
- Young people as volunteers: the responsibilities of the volunteer manager
- Recruiting and rewarding volunteers
- Training and accreditation for volunteers
- Publicising the work of your volunteers
- Developing social networks of volunteers
- Managing difficult situations
- Supervise, support and motivate volunteer workers
- Manage people with confidence, communicate well, build better relationships
- Learn a portfolio of practical management tools, techniques and skills
- Get a nationally recognised qualification
Students must study one mandatory unit which can be chosen from a group of units, and a choice of optional units.
The units cover a wide range of skills and knowledge that focus on management issues specific to volunteers, working with people, including building relationships, managing performance, fundamental competencies and getting results.
Interested? Then contact us for more information and get involved.